Friday, April 13, 2012

How does love motivate you?

Hey Everyone,

I know I haven't posted in a while.... sorry about that:) I've been really busy with a lot of other stuff, I'm sure you know how it is; life just happens and you get really busy. But it really got me thinking the other day about all the new things and new people I'm involved with. Do you ever feel like you do so much that you do everything only half way? Sometimes I do, but I try to limit it to a minimum by putting priorities first. Even though it's hard. Here is just a brief list of the things that keep me busy but I sometimes don't feel like I really have the time for:

Reading.
Blogging.
School.
Exercise.
Family obligations.
Church.
Spending time with friends.
Part time job.
Etc....

Understand, I realize these are things that we all have to fit into our schedules. And knowing which ones are more important is one of the hardest things ever. At least, in my opinion. So I guess the best question to ask here, and the one I ask myself everyday is "WHY?"

Dean Graziosi had an interesting video concerning this question. So I thought I would share it with you.
http://www.deangraziosi.com/content/weekly-wisdom-166-how-get-rid-villain-within

But no matter what I do, I always look for motivation in those unlikely places. My family is usually my number 1 pick. A lot of times my little sister and brother are huge motivators. Sometimes even more so than my parents. Their cute and adorable little faces when they ask me to do something with them or take them somewhere are really hard to say no to. It's funny actually, I was once at a sleepover for a friend's birthday, and my friend had a younger sister who was probably about two or three at the time. Apparently, the little sister wanted something and a family friend had told her no! Of course, the toddler started crying instantly and wouldn't stop! I walked in the room and asked my other friend what she had  done to her; I honestly thought she was hurt:) It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen... the family members rushed into the room and you would have thought a bomb went off. They asked what happened and my friend said that she had just told her no. Then the older sister said in a half joking, half serious kind of way, "what? Oh no, you can't tell her no!" And believe me, it's really hard to say no sometimes.


 Lately, my brother has been wanting me to practice his baseball with him on the days he doesn't have practice. And since I like baseball a lot, it helps me get things done faster so I can go play with him. Besides, when I'm sitting in the bleachers at his games, I get to take some of the credit when he hits a home-run!

Perhaps then, the real question is how does love motivate us? Because when we really get down to the bottom of it, I think our reasons why we do the things we do, aren't always what we think.

What about you? Who are your biggest motivators? Comment below, I would love to hear your thoughts:) Until next time, use the glue.

P.S. Oh yeah, check out my brother playing catcher in his first season to play baseball!



No comments:

Post a Comment