Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012

I woke up this morning thinking about all that I have planned today. Last night before dinner I hung up some heart shaped lights that we happened to have lying around the house from last year; I hung them over the breakfast bar near the kitchen so we could look at them all day....
I told my mom though, who was fixing dinner at the time, that we should leave them up all year. 
Because everyday should be Valentine's Day! I don't care if it's christmas, easter, or a birthday, I told her,
"everyday should be Valentine's Day."


During the past few weeks, leading up to today, I did a little research on the history of Valentine's. 
I even read a book called Hearts, Cupids, and Red Roses; that talked about the story of many of our Valentine's Day symbols. I found it very interesting, but if you do your research too, you'll find that how Valentine's Day came to be, and who it is named after is really unclear. 


Most historians each have their own opinion on it. There are many people who believe it was named after one, or several, roman saints, who were known as Saint Valentine. But no matter what the history is behind it, in my opinion, any day that gives us another reason to show our loved ones how much we really love them, is always a good day! 


So from my family to yours: Happy Valentine's Day!!
May it be a truly blessed one with many memories. 


Now I have to go make some chocolate ganache truffles for my grandparents, which is my valentine's present to them. It is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes ever! http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/12/dining/12mini.html



No comments:

Post a Comment