Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love language..... what is that?

I know what you are thinking.... a love language! What is that!?

Well, it's actually pretty simple to understand... Right now I'm in the middle of reading a book called
The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the typical kind of book I normally read nor would someone my age usually care to read. But since, according to the subject of this blog, it is relevant; I gave it a shot. I'm more like skimming through it actually. I had heard about it from a family member and am borrowing it from her.
So according to Dr. Chapman, as he is called, a love language is the simple concept that not everyone feels loved in the same ways. When you actually take time to think about it, it really makes since. I know that I personally have always just liked hanging out with and spending time with my family, and that was all I needed to feel loved. Apparently, that means my number one love language is Quality Time.

I would strongly recommend this book. I think most everyone should read it. Because love is relevant to all areas of life. So go pick up a copy. There are many different versions that have been published, from one for married couples, all the way to one for parents and their teens.

check it out...
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/

I hope you enjoy it, and that it will maybe help you understand those impossible or "misunderstood" people in your life:) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment